Langkawi Snake Sanctuary
“One of Langkawi’s latest attractions is its Snake Sanctuary”
The Langkawi Snake Sanctuary houses a wide variety of colourful snakes found throughout Malaysia, in an environmentally friendly area. This latest attraction in Langkawi is located about 12 km from town in the Tok Senik Resort in Ulu Melaka district. The sanctuary features thousands of species of poisonous and non-poisonous snakes endemic to Malaysia.
Designed as an educational tourism facility, a visit to the Snake Sanctuary is especially interesting for school children who get an opportunity to learn about these reptiles and their behavioural characteristics.
The sanctuary’s main attractions are the six habitat-friendly terrariums housing thousands of snakes.
Other attractions at the Snake Sanctuary include an Information Centre which contains an exhibition and Multimedia Display area. Here, the public is exposed to an audio-visual experience of reptilian life.
Within the complex is an Amphitheatre where shows are held daily in which experts show their skill in handling snakes. There is also an area where members of the public can touch or feel the snakes under the supervision of keepers and a souvenir shop.
Langkawi Snake Sanctuary : Galleries
Location nearby as below :
- 20 minutes to Kuah Town ( coin laundry, ATM, Fast Food Restaurant, Wet Market, Supermarket )
- 25 minutes to Kuah Jetty ( Ferry services )
- 20 minutes to HIG or Idaman Suri
- 25 minutes to Pekan Rabu for Island Hopping
- 35 minutes to Wildlife and Bird Paradise, Kilim Jetty for Mangroove Tour, Galeria Perdana
- 30 minutes to Telaga Air Hangat, Tg Rhu
- 15 minutes to Langkawi Airport
- 15 minutes to Padang Matsirat ( Beras Terbakar, Duty Free Shop, Gamat Shop )
- 30 minutes to Cenang Beach ( Underwater World, Cenang Mall, Laman Padi )
- 40 minutes to Cable Car and Gunung Machinchang, Telaga Tujuh Waterfalls